Fine lines and wrinkles are normal signs of ageing. If you’re like me you want to age somewhat ‘gracefully’ and don’t mind a bit of help. These days many people dread the growing or increasing lines that seem to magically appear – almost overnight. Ageing gracefully with Dr William Mooney is a great way to sort out this problem, if it’s a problem for you. Others are proud to have those lines and to those people, more power to you ☺
Some people use clothing and makeup to stay looking ‘fresh’. Others would rather take a trip to the cosmetic or plastic surgeon to help boost their self-esteem. Are you ageing gracefully? What can you do to stay fresh and radiant as you age? Read on.
How Do You Know Whether Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery is for You?
Plastic or cosmetic surgery may not be for everyone, depending on the desired procedure. Doctors know that there’s so many people who would do anything to alter their face and body to achieve the look they want. A good surgeon, however, will politely turn down a client’s request if the procedure is dangerous or not suitable for them.
While it is extremely difficult for a doctor to tell this to a patient, a good one will always put safety and health first. There are procedures that doctors may deem inappropriate for you, but there are other options that you can take to improve your look. Some involve cosmetic surgery, while others require non-surgical methods. As always its best to have a physical examination with a practitioner.
Dr. Mooney’s Non-Surgical Tips to Age Gracefully
Ageing gracefully is easy for some, but is a constant struggle for others. Dr. Mooney gives some useful tips to help you age gracefully without going under the knife:
- Invest in good quality skincare products. They should be low in parabens, skin-hydrating, and do not have any harsh chemicals. Avoid ablative/abrasive treatments on the skin.
- Smaller amounts of dermal fillers and botox will give you a natural look. Using a lot on your skin will be difficult to correct later on.
- Living a healthy lifestyle will improve your skin.
- Cut down on alcohol, and say goodbye to your cigarettes to boost your youthful glow. These two only make skin age faster.
- Consider non-surgical treatments, such as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Laser Genesis. These treatments have little to no down time, and are non skin-damaging. They also promote skin rejuvenation.
Dr. Mooney says people tend to focus on horror stories when it comes to plastic and cosmetic surgery, especially with the media highlighting the effects of procedures like Botox. He said good cosmetics will definitely make you look good. This is why it is extremely important to find the best practitioner who can help you age gracefully as the years pass by.