Belly button surgery, (also known as Umbilicoplasty) is a surgical procedure to change the appearance, position, size or direction of the navel; also known as umbilicus or “belly button”. Some surgeons may choose to do the surgery on it’s own, but otherwise it’s usually done as part of an abdominoplasty procedure, also known as a tummy tuck.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT BELLY BUTTON SURGERY?
There are several reasons one might like to have belly button surgery. These include:
- Umbilical hernia;
- Wanting an introverted (“innie”) instead of a protruding (“outie”) belly button;
- Unhappy with the appearance of the belly button – too big/small/odd shape etc.;
- To fix any holes from piercings;
- Wrong positioning – often after trauma, surgery or child birth the positioning of the belly button can change, or the position was unusual from birth;
- Excessive weight loss – losing a lot of weight leaves you with overstretched skin which can create extra skin folds.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
So how much does Belly Button Surgery cost? It depends on which surgeon you choose and which hospital the surgery will be performed at. Our research identified the cost to be anywhere between $1,800 and $5,000.
Click here to read more about the belly button surgery procedure.
Or email email@example.com if you want to find a qualified surgeon to have your belly button surgery with.