Plastic surgery used to be something to hide, even for celebrities who loved the limelight. Nowadays, it’s more acceptable to admit to having had a little help with a plastic surgery enhancement or reshaping, whether it’s a nose job, breast augmentation, dermal fillers or anything else. While you would think having enough money to choose the most experienced and qualified plastic surgeons would mean celebrities have better results, it doesn’t always turn out that way. With the help of Dr Gavin Sandercoe, Specialist Plastic Surgeon based in Bella Vista, NSW, we take a look at Celebrities and Plastic Surgery – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
Even celebrities can make bad choices when it comes to their surgeon or procedure. When your picture is taken at every turn and your appearance is scrutinised every time you step out your front door, from the laugh lines around your eyes to the size of your breasts in your dress, we can understand a celebrity’s motivation for splashing their cash on a nose job, fillers or a breast augmentation.
Some stars admit to finally fixing that bump on their nose or getting implants to feel more voluptuous. And of course fillers, anti-wrinkle injections and vampire facials are almost expected before a walk on the red carpet. Some even openly post their before and after photos!
Good Celebrity Plastic Surgery Results
The best celebrity plastic surgery is like any good plastic surgery job – it looks natural, is not too over the top and allows the person to maintain their unique beauty. Here’s a few celebrities we’ve picked as having done plastic surgery right.
Kaley Cuoco (Actress from The Big Bang Theory)
Kaley admitted to a nose job and breast implants and openly discussed her plastic surgery. She told Cosmopolitan magazine her breast augmentation was “the best decision she ever made”. Kaley had next to nothing in the boob department before her surgery but her new breasts are a perfect size for her frame. Her nose is also well done and fits in perfectly with the rest of her facial features. Dr Sandercoe says proportion is key. “It’s important when looking at any cosmetic surgery that you are realistic about your body type and proportions. This is crucial to achieving natural-looking breast augmentation results. Your breast implants must be proportionate to your natural body frame. If you are tall and curvy, you will need larger implants to achieve a modest boost in size than if you were short and petite.”
Iggy Azalea (Singer)
It seems boobs and noses are the most popular things to change amongst celebs and Iggy jumped on the bandwagon. She says she had thought about having a boob job for most of her life and when she became a singing sensation she finally took the plunge and got some cleavage and a more shapely nose. However, we think Iggy looks absolutely fantastic and definitely made the right improvements. Dr Sandercoe says, “The quality of your results hinge on the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. One of the keys to achieving your desired surgical outcomes is to work with a reputable plastic surgeon that has a lot of experience with breast augmentation. Your surgeon should take the time to understand your preferences and tailor a treatment plan based around your goals and expectations. Iggy obviously had a quality surgeon.”
Other awesome celebrity plastic surgery results or potential surgeries that made our list include:
- Kelly Rowland (breast augmentation)
- Jennifer Aniston (rhinoplasty)
- Ashlee Simpson (nose job)
- Ariel Winter from Modern Family (breast reduction) – Ariel shows how having too much boob can weigh you down.
- Caitlyn Jenner (Making the male to female transition can be difficult and we think Caitlyn shows how to do it and stay classy!)
The Bad and The Ugly
Some celebrities just get it wrong. Whether it’s because they chose the wrong surgeon, or because they didn’t stop when they should, some celebrities just look sad and sometimes scary. Most of these don’t need explaining.
- Tara Reid – Tara’s breast augmentation was notorious. The shape, the rippling, the terrible cleavage… there wasn’t much right about it. The same goes for the liposuction she had at the same time. Her surgeon did not do a good job.
- Tori Spelling – we wonder if Tara had the same surgeon as Tori. Tori got implants before it was socially acceptable and the dodgy job just made it even worse.
- Melanie Griffith – Melanie was beautiful before and while in the beginning her plastic surgery wasn’t too bad, we think she took it a little too far. This is a classic case of not knowing when to stop.
- Daryl Hannah – Daryl’s had a few procedures and treatments over the years but we hate to say it, but does her latest lot of procedures make her look a little like a milder version of Jocelyn Wildenstein? Let’s hope the swelling goes down… a lot.
The moral of this blog is that sometimes less is more. Plastic surgery can change your life for the better. It can fix parts of yourself that you’ve always wanted to change and can give you more confidence and self-esteem. Just keep in mind that a more natural appearance is usually the more beautiful option. Even if you want unnatural looking results, getting the best results really comes down to choosing the right plastic surgeon.
If you’d like to arrange a consultation with Dr Gavin Sandercoe you can visit his website or phone his clinic on 1300 112 358.