Many women dream of having a perfectly contoured body. In the past, body contouring existed more on an electronic level – a Photoshop technique that gave models the most coveted body features in magazines and on billboards. Nowadays, body contouring is a reality available to any woman happy to pay for it, and is on the rise for massive weight loss (MWL) patients. After losing a large amount of weight, body contouring is usually the next step to regaining pride and satisfaction with a new body. Dr Lionel Chang is a plastic surgeon based in Burwood, NSW with over 30 years of experience. He inspires weight loss patients that attaining a new lease in life is possible.
Surgical Body Contouring
Body contouring can be done through various surgical procedures, or for those not needing as much help, via the non-surgical way. Some of the surgeries to help contour your body after MWL are:
- Tummy tuck/abdominoplasty – this involves not only the removal of excess skin and fat but also the restoration of weakened muscles.
- Arm Lift – a procedure to remove excess fat and skin, ultimately reducing the circumference of arms and creating a smoother, more shapely profile. After MWL your arms can be a real gathering place for saggy skin!
- Breast augmentation – MWL can cause your breasts to all but disappear. Also called breast enlargement, the process involves using implants in order to create desirable size and give a natural look.
- Breast reduction, on the other hand, is done in order to give a woman a functional bust size which looks more proportionate to her body. This might also be combined with a breast lift in the case of MWL patients.
- Body Lift – In this procedure, the excessive fat and skin tissues from the back, outer thighs, flanks and buttocks are removed. This can help several areas at once and is a popular surgery with those patients having achieved MWL.
Non-Surgical Body Contouring
Modern technology has given rise to more non-surgical ways to help shape and contour the body. There are many devices and treatments on the market, some of the ones Dr Chang suggests are:
Why is everybody so into body contouring?
Body contouring is a procedure that modifies or corrects the different areas of the body giving one’s body a svelte shape and a more balanced look. Massive weight loss patients aside, with the powerful influences of social media, people get hooked on creating smooth profiles and attractive selfies and it is manifested on their profiles on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. The idea of body contouring has become so popular because many people believe that good looks are typically a combination of good elements such as facial and body structure and beautiful eyes and a perfectly shaped nose.
Dr Chang says it best, “Plastic surgery requires an imaginative mind to be able to see the likely outcome before the commencement of the surgery or treatments, making it both challenging and satisfying. Being able to bring people’s aesthetic dreams to life is extremely rewarding.”
If you’d like to read more about Dr Chang or Body Contouring see the blogs below:
Body Contouring with Plastic Surgery
Specialist Asian Plastic Surgery with Dr Lionel Chang
Body Contouring Surgery Options with Dr Mark Hanikeri, Subiaco WA