The popularity of breast augmentation or a boob job has also given rise to the number of different surgeons and doctors performing the procedure today. You want to make sure you choose a plastic surgeon who has a proven track record, particularly in this procedure, such as Dr Patrick Briggs at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery in Melbourne,Victoria. We had a chat with Dr Briggs to help us know what to ask to find a good boob job and a competent surgeon.
Dr Briggs says you can ask friends or family members for recommendations if possible, but take note of the following criteria when choosing a plastic surgeon:
- The surgeon is fully qualified with board certification in plastic surgery – credentialled with FRACS and ASAPS
- Your surgeon Specialises in breast surgical procedures
- Has received plenty of positive feedback and reviews from happy patients
We always suggest you meet and have a consult with at least two plastic surgeons. You should choose the one who you feel most comfortable with, and who you feel is going to give you the results you want. Price should not be your only consideration when choosing your surgeon.
Although most of us have to consider the cost of the surgery, sometimes it’s absolutely worth paying a little bit more to get the best outcome. After all, this is your body we’re talking about. You’re worth it!
Determine your desired boob size
Size matters. A C-cup will look different on a smaller, petite woman than it will on a taller, more voluptuous woman.
A great way of showing your surgeon what you want is to take a few photos of your dream boobs along to your consultation. Do your research and check out surgeon’s websites and their before and after photos. This will not only help you to find the boobs you want, but to give you an idea of the outcomes and look that surgeon is producing.
Dr Briggs says, “Discussing the size of your breast implants can be a confusing decision and requires careful consideration; one cup size may look quite different on two women of the same stature. We have our patients try on various-sized bras with fillers to give you a clearer indication of which implants would be appropriate for your size. We also take a number of measurements to ensure patients receive their desired result. Remember, your goal is to find a size that looks both natural, pleasing and proportionate.”
Choosing the best implant and type of breast enlargement
There are two major types of breast implants: silicone and saline. The latter is empty when inserted in the breasts, and then filled with sterile saltwater after. Silicone implants, meanwhile are pre-filled with a thick, gel-like fluid before being inserted in the breast pockets.
There are positives and negatives to both. Research which one you think will suit you and your needs.
One of the fastest growing techniques of boob enlargement is fat transfer to the breasts using your own fat. Not all plastic surgeons have the experience to perform fat transfers in Australia so it’s important to make sure you’re with a surgeon who does. Fat transfer is possible if you’re just wanting a small increase – to go up one or two cup sizes.
Discuss these options with your surgeon to find the right one for you.
Ask about incision locations
Incisions should be placed in areas where they will be less obvious so as to reduce visible scarring. The three common incisions include the inframammary, periareolar, and the transaxillary incisions. Your surgeon should discuss these options with you to identify the best one for your individual circumstances. Remember, if you are not convinced, or feel unsure, ask more questions and if necessary, consult with a second plastic surgeon.
Best Questions to ask your surgeon to ensure you get a Good Boob Joob
We’ve come up with a list of things to ask your surgeon to ensure you get the best boobs ever!
- What shape, size and texture are you suggesting for my implants?
- Why are you recommending one type of breast implant over another and why do you think this is the best choice for me?
- Where will the incision site be?
- Where will my scar be and how big will it be?
- How do I minimise the risk of short-term and long-term complications?
- How will my boobs feel? Will they affect my breast skin or nipple sensation?
- Will the breast implants affect my ability to breastfeed a baby (this might alter the type of implants and the technique you and your surgeon choose)?
- What are my options if I am not happy with the outcome of my breast implants?
- What is the most common complication/s you encounter with breast implant surgery?
- How long is my expected recovery time?
- What help at home will I need for normal activities after the surgery and if so for about how long?
- What support do you give your patients post-procedure?
Getting a breast augmentation, or boob job, requires plenty of consideration. A good place to start is Dr Briggs’ before and after Boob Job patient gallery. Performing many breast augmentations each year for many years, he has many happy patients. He is also reasonably priced. In fact, you might want to check out Dr Briggs’ Breast Augmentation Complete package he offers his patients to manage your expectations about the costs involved in having a boob job.
For Further Information about Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Melbourne Procedure with Dr Patrick Briggs
- See Breast Implant Before and After by Dr Patrick Briggs
- Breast Augmentation Melbourne with Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery
Read more Blogs by Dr Patrick Briggs
- Five Breast Augmentation Myths and the Truth from Dr Briggs
- 5 Myths About Breast Augmentation
- Plastic Surgery for those in Rural Areas – A Smooth journey with Dr Briggs
To Contact Dr Patrick Briggs
Read about Dr Briggs Breast Augmentation Package Price
To make an enquiry with Dr Briggs please call (03) 88491444 or email [email protected]