To look after your skin properly it takes more than just a great skincare regime and beauty treatments. If you don’t look after yourself on the inside, there’s only so much you can do on the outside. All the top models, (just look at Elle McPherson who at age 54 still looks like she’s in her 20’s or early 30’s!) have always said the secret to their long lasting beauty is looking after themselves from the inside out. We now know that what is happening in your gut can play a big part to helping you look your best, including the condition of your skin.
Aesthetics CPD is holding a Workshop and Food Demonstration explaining and discussing the gut-skin connection for practitioners wanting to provide their patients and clients a deeper understanding into their skin’s health, or anyone just interested in being healthy for themselves or their family. The workshop will talk about the internal gut and its influence on skin conditions such as acne, rosacea and the like, as well as the role that nutrition and lifestyle can play.
The Gut-Skin Connection Workshop and Food Demonstration
WHEN: 13TH JUNE 2018, 9AM – 4PM
WHERE: AACDS HEAD OFFICE, 60-62 STIRLING ST, PERTH
PRICE: $260 (inc GST)
LUNCH IS PROVIDED
Some of the Workshop highlights will include:
- Workshop led by Marian Rubock, RN and Author of ‘Your Skin’s Secrets’
- Learn about the internal gut connection and its influences on the skin
- Microbiome diversity – What influences the gut microbiome and how it affects the skin
- Leaky gut
- Metabolic Disorders – PCOD, Insulin Resistance etc
- Understanding endocrine disruptors and their connection to skin conditions (insulin resistance, Oestrogen mimics, GMO foods, chemical influences in our food chain).
- How to support and educate your clients to have realistic expectations of their skin and outcomes and the importance of regular treatments.
- Cooking demonstration and recipes by Celebrity wholefood cook, Natalie Bennett – you’ll also learn how to prepare and make dishes using the ingredients discussed in the workshop
- Gut friendly lunch included
- Case studies – Acne, Rosacea, Pigmentation
- Naturotherapists and associated professions keen to learn about the gut-skin connection
This is a must attend for any dermal clinicians and therapists, cosmetic nurses, doctors and naturopaths wanting to expand their knowledge on skin treatments and procedures and general nutrition knowledge.