Avenue Advanced Skin Care not only work with patients having or who’ve had plastic surgery procedures with Dr Allan Kalus at Avenue Plastic Surgery in Windsor VIC, but they have gained a reputation as one of the premier clinics in Victoria for their skin treatments and patient results. We caught up with Stefanie to talk about one of their favourite treatments, the HydraFacial.
Avenue Advanced Skin Care introduced the HydraFacial treatment to their clinic in 2012 and Stefanie says they haven’t looked back. “We wanted to be able to offer our clients the latest skin innovation technology with proven results. Our clients still come in very regularly for HydraFacial treatments – to maintain the health of their skin, immediately prior to an event for a beautiful glow, or between other more invasive treatments”.
What is the HydraFacial?
The HydraFacial is like a super facial for the skin that delivers the results of an advanced facial in less than thirty minutes. It uses a unique a four step system with each step building on the previous step to achieve better results. The stages of a HydraFacial are:
- Cleaning and Exfoliation
Dead skin cells are removed to reveal healthy fresh skin.
- Acid Peel
A gentle peel helps to loosen dirt and debris from pores without irritation.
Painless, automated extractions use vortex suction to clean out pores.
- Hydration & Protections
Antioxidants and Hyaluronic Acid are Vortex-Fused to nourish and protect. Finally the skin is bathed in cleansing, hydrating and moisturising serums.
Stefanie says one of the things their patients love most about the HydraFacial is the way it leaves their skin feeling after a treatment. “Our clients rave about the results of this treatment – words they use describe their skin; soft, smooth, fresh, glowing, clear, dewy, hydrated, firm. The HydraFacial is also commonly used on clients with congested skin prone to blackheads.”
Stefanie says the HydraFacial treatment takes around 45 minutes, making it a great treatment to have in your lunchtime! “The is performed by one of our experienced Dermal Clinicians and is perfect for someone with concerns of:
- Oily skin
- Clogged or enlarged pores
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dehydrated skin
- Uneven Tone and Texture
“The treatment is suitable for any skin colour, age or gender.”
Stefanie warns that if someone’s skin has an impaired barrier function or is in a compromised condition they cannot have this treatment. “They must first build-up the health of the skin before having treatments with lactic acid or salicylic acid. This can vary from person to person, but usually involved a course of Healite II LED Light Therapy treatments and/or a cosmeceutical skincare prescription. If someone is pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding we do not recommend this treatment because of the salicylic acid used.”
The HydraFacial has no downtime, although Stefanie says the skin may look slightly flushed or pink afterwards for up to one hour. However, she also says, “The skin is hydrated, fresh and glowing immediately after the treatment. The HydraFacial gives instant results. It incorporates exfoliation, extractions and hydration components for a thorough medi-facial experience. This treatment leaves the skin fresh, healthy and glowing – the results speak for themselves.”
The HydraFacial is relaxing and invigorating
Stefanie says Avenue Advanced Skin Care were one of the first clinics in Australia to embrace the technology. “Our clients have come to us for over five years for the HydraFacial. The HydraFacial experience is relaxing and reinvigorating as well as results-driven. Our Dermal Clinicians take a nurturing approach to skin care, allowing our clients to unwind during their time with us.
We do encourage our clients to have a VISIA skin analysis before embarking on their skin journey with us, as well as having re-assessments of their skin every season. This consultation is added on top of the treatment time.”
Getting the best out of your treatment
At Avenue Advanced Skin Care they offer the HydraFacial treatment for $225 per session and they also suggest there are some other treatments that patients often do in conjunction with the HydraFacial to further increase its benefits. Stefanie gives us more information:
- Healite II LED Light Therapy ($50 add on price with HydraFacial – normally $120 as a standalone treatment) We recommend having a Healite II LED Light Therapy immediately after the HydraFacial. We have the 633nm, 830nm and 450nm LEDs available so we are able to tailor the treatment. This treatment will take 1 hour in total and is our most popular medi-facial combination.
- Societe Oxygen treatment ($35 add on price with the HydraFacial) – This treatment is performed before the HydraFacial to increase blood flow to the surface of the skin, which allows better penetration of ingredients during the treatment! It’s a great way to step up your treatment without being aggressive on the skin.
- improves congestion and skin impurities
- Imparts brightness and clarity
- Revitalises dull lackluster skins
- Improves the strength and health of the skin
- Sanitises and prepares the skin for extractions
- Societe Gel Peptide Mask ($50 add on price with the HydraFacial) – The mask is applied after the HydraFacial and after Healite LED Light Therapy. Using a formulation of peptides and plant based stem cells, the mask helps in skin rejuvenation, minimising skin dehydration and improving the skin’s ability to self-moisturise. Calming and cooling whilst puffiness and redness are reduced. Perfect for all skin types, especially dry and stressed skin.
The ultimate HydraFacial experience would include all three of the above add on options. This treatment would take approximately 1.5hrs.
Avenue Advanced Skin Care have a HydraFacial Q & A on their website for anyone who would like to find out more about this awesome treatment. You can contact them on (03) 9521 5533 to arrange an appointment. This is one of my favourite treatments, so I can absolutely recommend it! To read more about the HydraFacial check out the blogs below:
A Super Charged HydraFacial Will Have Your Skin Glowing
HYDRAFACIAL – Our Interview with Paul McGee from High Tech Laser at Cosmetex 15
Injectable Nurses – Worth Their Weight In Gold! We meet two from Avenue Plastic Surgery in Victoria…