As we all know in life things can go wrong, and just like everything else in life sometimes things can go wrong with your cosmetic surgery procedures.
It’s important to know what your rights are and what you are eligible to have covered when you go in for a cosmetic procedure anywhere in the world.
Blackwater Law in the UK claims that if you have undergone a cosmetic surgery procedure through a private clinic but believe that you did not receive an adequate level of care, were misled or even pressured by your surgeon, you may be entitled to make a cosmetic surgery compensation claim.
Blackwater Law also provided us with this valuable information on how much there is a rise in cosmetic surgery procedures in the UK. Unfortunately these types of figures are unavailable in Australia but to help you understand how important it is to know your rights and protection below are some of the figure from the UK:
- Last year in the UK there was 50,122 procedures performed. A 16.5% rise.
- 2013 recorded a 41% rise in liposuction procedures.
- Anti-aging procedures are on a considerable rise; Eyelid surgery rose by 14%, face and neck lifts up by 13%, fat transfers up by 15% and brows rose by 17%.
- The current market in the UK is worth $2.3 billion and in 2015 it is predicted to grow to $3.6 billion.
- Non-surgical procedures account for 9 in 10 interventions and are worth 75% of the market in the UK.
- The British Association of Dermatologists found that 63% of complications their dermatologists saw were from botched non-invasive cosmetic work that was irreversible.
For more statistics head to http://blackwaterlaw.co.uk/cosmetic-surgery-claims/
With figures such as these and more and more people looking to undergo cosmetic surgery it is important to check your surgeons qualifications and understand that you have legal rights.
If you need any help finding a lawyer that specialises in the area of cosmetic surgery compensation claims then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org