Nipples like Kendall Jenner’s. Designer nipples – yep you read right. Designer. Nipples. And not just any nipples. The Kardashians are often at the forefront of trends (we’ll never forget Kim’s butt or Kylie’s lips) but now it’s all about Kendall’s nipples. Why, you might ask? Let’s take a look at the pointy end of why people love Kendall’s nipples.
So, what is the perfect nipple?
Believe it or not there are many variations to nipples and areolas and it’s these subtle differences that can make the difference.
- Size of the nipple – whether it’s the size of the nipple or the areola (the coloured area around the actual nipple), size matters. You don’t want it too big, or too
small either. Kendall’s are apparently just right.
- Shape – The shape should be nice and round, without any ‘weird’ asymmetry going on. They should be perfectly balanced and in proportion to the size of the nipple.
- Colour – it depends on the colour of your skin and your background as to what is the perfect colour, however you don’t want the areola too dark so it stands out like a beacon and attracts unwanted attention, but you don’t want it so light that it’s like it doesn’t even exist.
- Perkiness – a big motivation in women flocking to the plastic surgeon’s office is to have erect nipples that are constantly on alert/high beam/headlight.
- Position – where does your nipple and areola sit in relation to your breasts. Is it too high, too low, too much
Perhaps there’s more than a few of us asking WHY? Why are women so interested in spending hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars to “fix” their nipples? It’s because the celebrity trend of showing nice, perky nipples through their clothing is hot. It’s sexy, feminine and a nod to the modern women not having to wear a bra. Having nipples on high alert through a skimpy bikini or a cocktail dress is desirable. It’s trending. All the celebs are doing it.
What does a designer nipple procedure involve? It depends on what you want done. There is the more involved surgical procedure of actually moving the position of your areola and nipple and then there’s the non-surgical but wince-worthy procedure of injecting them with filler to create a more desirable shape. Depending on how much filler you want or need the price can vary from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
This particular wave of nipple alert was prompted by a video trending of a lady in a surgeon’s office explaining why Kendall Jenner’s nipples are the perfect ones to have. However, the trend of showing your nipples has been around for a few years now, especially with the Free the Nipple movement that Kendall has been such an advocate for.
The perfect nipple is definitely in the eyes of the beholder, and Australian plastic surgeon Dr Rohit Kumar agrees. “I think the ‘perfect’ nipple is very subjective,” he says. “What may be the right size and shape for someone, may not be what suits another patient.”
Whether you agree with it or not, nipple tweaking is here to stay. If you’d like to find a surgeon who does this type of surgery you can check out our directory here.