One question often asked by patients following facial procedures or treatments is when can they start wearing makeup? It is generally suggested that you don’t apply anything for at least a little while (depending on the treatment or procedure you’ve had) to allow your skin time to recover. However there is one makeup range, Lycogel, that is designed specifically to promote the healing of damaged or post-procedural skin while also helping with a variety of other skin issues.
What is Lycogel?
Originally developed specifically to be used by patients following cosmetic procedures, this breathable foundation treatment was then discovered to be extremely effective for daily application to deliver a multitude of long-term skin benefits:
- Sensitive skin
How does it do this? Lycogel combines a breathable base with powerful ingredients and vitamins to allow skin to breathe and is formulated with active ingredients that deliver oxygen, moisture, and nutrients to the skin. The benefits:
- Helps renew skin cells
- Encourages elastin and collagen production
- Helps minimise fine lines and wrinkles
- Keeps skin hydrated
- Protects the skin from outside factors with spf protection
- Helps prevent excessive scar formation
- Packed with antioxidants
- Promotes skin repair and regeneration
- Lets skin breathe and does not clog pores
Lycogel helps support the healing of skin, which is why it is so great for use following a laser treatment when the skin can be a little red and sensitive. It can also help minimise the appearance of scars, hence why it is used following a facial procedure such as a facelift or rhinoplasty. However, as mentioned above, it can also be used long-term to promote overall skin benefits and appearance.
Lycogel has 4 products all of which contain 12 active ingredients with LYCO-Complex.
- Breathable Balm – a clear balm to help protect and energise the skin with SPF 15.
- Breathable Camouflage – a buildable coverage that comes in 12 various shades, which you can mix and layer to match your preferred coverage. Contains SPF 30.
- Breathable Tint – a light coverage with SPF 30 to give the skin a vibrant glow
- Breathable Concealer – maximum coverage for blemishes and imperfections, while highlighting the skin’s natural beauty. Contains SPF 30.
I’ve heard of a few patients who started using Lycogel following their cosmetic procedures but have kept using it after they have healed, simply because they love the way it works on their skin.
To find out more about the Lycogel products or where you can find them, check out their website.