What is Mini Boob Job Surgery?
Mini boob job surgery is a breast augmentation procedure that uses small breast implants to achieve a subtle rejuvenation. The mini boob job can be an excellent option for women who are looking to improve their breast appearance without undergoing a complete breast augmentation.
Good Candidate for Mini Boob Job
A mini boob job surgery is often recommended for women who have lost volume in their breasts due to aging, weight loss, or pregnancy. It can also be a good option for women who are dissatisfied with their breast size but do not want to get large breast implants.
The mini boob job can also be a good option for women who have asymmetrical breasts.
Benefits of Mini Boob Job Surgery
The mini boob job can provide many benefits, including
- Subtle rejuvenation
- Improvement in breast appearance
- Increased breast volume
- More cleavage
- Improved symmetry
- Enhanced self-esteem and confidence.
How is Mini Boob Job Surgery Performed
Mini boob job surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure. This means that you will not need to stay in the hospital overnight. The surgery will be performed under general anesthesia, which means that you will be asleep during the procedure.
The surgeon will make a small incision in the crease beneath your breast. Through this incision, the surgeon will place the mini breast implants in a pocket either above or below your chest muscle. The type of implant used will depend on your goals and preferences.
After the mini boob job surgery is complete, you will be taken to a recovery room where you will be closely monitored. You will likely experience some pain and swelling after the procedure, but this can be well managed with pain medication.
Risks and Complications of Mini Breast Augmentation
As with any surgery, there are some risks and complications associated with mini boob job surgery. These include
- Implant rupture or leakage
- Capsular contracture
- Changes in nipple sensation
- Breast pain
It is important to discuss these risks and complications with your surgeon prior to undergoing mini-boob job surgery. You should also make sure to follow all of your surgeon’s post-operative instructions to help minimise the risks and complications associated with mini-boob job surgery.
If you are considering mini boob job surgery, it is important to consult with a specialist plastic surgeon who has experience performing this procedure.
Mini Boob Job Scars
Scars from mini breast augmentation are placed in the breast crease where the breast meets the chest. As they are underneath the breast they are easily concealed with clothing. Mini boob job scars usually fade a few months after surgery, and will continue to fade for 12 months post-surgery.
Proper scar care is important to minimise the appearance of scars. Some tips for reducing boob job scars include:
- Avoid sun exposure – Sunlight can darken scars, so it is important to avoid direct sunlight on your mini boob job scars. If you must go out in the sun, make sure to cover your scars with clothing or sunscreen.
- Apply silicone gel – Silicone gel can help to soften and flatten mini boob job scars. You can apply silicone gel to your scars twice daily for 12 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid picking or scratching – It is important to avoid picking or scratching your mini boob job scars as this can lead to infection and further scarring.
- LED light therapy can be used to help mini boob job scars heal. This therapy uses light to stimulate the production of collagen, which can help to improve the appearance of scars.
Recovery After Mini Boob Job Surgery
After mini boob job surgery, you will need to take it easy for a few days. You will likely experience some pain and swelling, but this can be well managed with pain medication.
Breast augmentation recovery is about a week, but complete recovery can take up to six weeks. You should avoid strenuous activity for at least six weeks after the surgery – unless otherwise cleared by your surgeon.
Always follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions to ensure a smooth and uncomplicated recovery.
To improve your recovery time after plastic surgery, follow these tips:
- Eat healthy meals
- Stay hydrated & keep your fluids up!
- Get plenty of rest
- Wear your compression garment
- Avoid smoking
- Start moving around as soon as possible
Mini boob job surgery can provide many benefits, including improvement in breast appearance, increased breast volume, improved symmetry, and enhanced self-esteem and confidence. If you are considering mini boob job surgery, consult with a specialist plastic surgeon who has experience performing this procedure.