Strataderm Scar Therapy Gel
The next-generation scar therapy gel
Strataderm is a silicone gel that is applied in a thin layer to the affected skin to form a self-drying, transparent, flexible and gas-permeable silicone gel sheet that adheres to the skin. This ensures a constant contact time to the entire surface of the scar allowing it to work 24 hours a day. Strataderm is ideal for any irregular skin/scar surfaces, the face, moving parts such as joints, and any size of scar. It can be used on both new and old scars.
The advanced formulation of Strataderm has been developed using new silicone technology that has superior durability, skin-feel and drying time. The non-sticky, odourless formulation does not lead to secondary side-effects such as maceration, rashers, pruritus and infection and is therefore suitable for children and people with sensitive skin.
Strataderm scar therapy gel:
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Relieves the itching and discomfort associated with scars
- Reduces redness and discolouration
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation
How to use Strataderm
- Ensure that the scar is clean and dry
- Apply a very thin layer and allow to dry (3-4 minutes)
- Strataderm should be applied once daily, and maintained in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours/day)
- Once dry, Strataderm can be covered with sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts
Strataderm is recommended as a minimum treatment of 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer. Continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
How much does it cost?
5g tube of Stratamed costs $19.95
How much Strataderm do I need?
|Strataderm gel tube size||Scar size, which can be treated with one tube
(twice daily application over 90 days)
|5g||linear scar, 2-3cm length|
|10g||linear scar, 5-7cm length|
|20g||linear scar, 10-12cm length|
|50g||widespread scar, 6x12cm area|