Oculoplastic Surgeon & Ophthalmologist
Ophthalmology is a specialised branch of medicine dealing with medical and surgical eye problems such as the anatomy, physiology and disease of the eye. Dr Benjamin Burt, an ophthalmologist, specialises in Oculoplastic surgery which includes the eye and its associated structures, eyelids, periorbital and the face including reconstruction and cosmetic. This includes blepharoplasties, ptosis repair – both reconstructive and cosmetic, facial and ocular trauma and more.
An Ophthalmologist for ten years, Dr Benjamin Burt has extensive surgical experience both in Australia and overseas. First Place in the world in the International Council of Ophthalmology Prize Exam in 2000, Dr Burt has completed a dual fellowship both in Los Angeles and under the renowned Dr Robert Goldberg in New Zealand.
He has performed over 4,000 lid, orbital and facial procedures including ectroprion (a condition where the eyelid turns away from the eyeball) and entropion (where the eyelid turns inward); over 2,000 lacrimal procedures (flushing out of excess fluid); probing and other surgeries associated with the eye and surrounding structures. Dr Burt also has an interest in Facial and Ocular Trauma and Plastic Surgical Robotics.
One of the most skilled and experienced eye surgeons in the country, Dr Burt should definitely be on the top of your list of surgeons to consult for any facial or eye surgeries. He is based at the renowned Cosmetic Surgery for Women.
Training and Appointments
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Honours – University of Melbourne, 1997
- Fellow of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- Scored in the top ten students in the final year of surgery.
- Gold Medal in Ophthalmology, Victorian Medical Schools Exam, 1997
- Head of Texas Tech University Oculopastic Division 2009-2012