Dr Burt, FRANZCO FACS Oculoplastic Surgeon is one of the world’s leading surgeons for upper and lower eyelid surgery. An Ophthalmologist for 10 years, Dr Burt specialises in Oculoplastic Surgery of the orbit, eyelids, periorbital area, face, and the reconstruction of the eye and associated structures. Dr Benjamin Burt performs meticulous upper, lower blepharoplasties and forehead lifts for men and women.
Dr Burt’s qualifications are also recognised in Canada and the US where he was Assistant Professor and Head of the Oculoplastics Division for four years at Texas Tech University following two years as oculoplastic fellow University of California Los Angeles under Professor Robert Goldberg and Professor Raymond Douglas.
He is a member of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists, American College of Surgeons, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a Member of the Australasian Academy Of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Training and Appointments
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Honours – University of Melbourne, 1997
- Fellow of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- Scored in the top ten students in the final year of surgery.
- Gold Medal in Ophthalmology, Victorian Medical Schools Exam, 1997
- Head of Texas Tech University Oculopastic Division 2009-2012