Dr Douglas McManamny is one of the most experienced plastic surgeons on the Cosmetic Surgery for Women team. With extensive training at renowned facilities such as the Royal Children’s Hospital, the Royal Melbourne Hospital and the Victorian Plastic Surgery Unit at Preston and Northcote Hospital, Dr McManamny has also trained overseas including time spent in the United States, and England working with Cleft Lip and Palate Repair cases. His training with the Royal Children’s Hospital in fact ended up turning into ten years there as a consultant Plastic Surgeon.
Graduating from Monash University in 1972, Dr McManamny has seen some huge changes in the plastic surgery industry and makes it his business to be at the forefront of the field. A Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) since 1981, he has put in years of hard work in a wide range of plastic and reconstructive procedures. Whilst skilled and experienced in many plastic surgery areas of expertise, and indeed began his career as a Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetic Surgery is an extension of this and Dr McManamny now tends to specialise in facial enhancement procedures including Rhinoplasty and Face Lifts, and complex breast surgeries including tuberous breast correction.
Dr McManamny is well known for having the discipline and skill required to perform microsurgery and achieves the best possible aesthetic results for his patients.
He is also a member or affiliated with the following bodies and organisations:
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australasian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)