PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGEON
Dr Lewis Blennerhassett is a highly qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon with 25 years of experience MBBS FRACS (Plastic Surgery).
Special interest – facial and breast plastic surgery. Cosmetic, Plastic, Reconstructive Procedures; Breasts (Breast augmentation, breast reduction, male breast surgery), Face (eyelid surgery, facelift, browlift, prominent ears, skin cancers), Nose (Rhinoplasty), Body (abdominoplasty, liposuction).
Extensive training in Australia and USA (Fellowship at Harvard Medical), he was awarded the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ travelling fellowship award.Easy to talk to, always contactable and a great communicator, Dr Blennerhassett encourages his patients to ask questions and ensures each has a personalised treatment plan based on their individual needs.
An expert in all aspects of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, he is committed to maintaining high quality care. Dr Blennerhassett has been actively involved in;
• Training and examining other surgeons
• Inspecting safety conditions in hospitals around the country
• Determining which overseas doctors are sufficiently skilled to work in Australia.
Dr Blennerhassett is a member of the following distinguished surgical associations;
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
He has served as:
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australian Hand Surgery Society
- WA Board Chairman of Plastic Surgeons for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons – selecting future plastic surgery advanced trainees, developing their curriculum and examining them.
- Chairman of the Board for the International Medical Graduates – assessing foreign trained plastic surgeons and their eligibility to practice in Australia.
- President of the Western Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons.