Breast Lift & Implants

Q & A’sBreast Lift & Implants
AvatarAnonymous asked 8 years ago

Hi I am wondering where to go first about getting a breast lift & implants. I feel as though my breasts never developed properly during puberty and then throughout adolescence I yo-yoed in weight which affected the shape and fullness of my breasts. 
My questions:
1. Do I see a GP first or do I find a plastic surgeon and book a consultation?
2. I am wondering if bupa or medicare would give me some sort of rebate if I went ahead with it

1 Answers
Dr Mark HanikeriDr Mark Hanikeri Contributor answered 8 years ago

Hi there and thanks for your question.  You give no indication of your age or whether you have had children and from your description of symptoms, your main concerns are cosmetic.  If you do not have a child between the age of 1 and 7 and are not experiencing functional symptoms related to your breasts (Rash, infections, hygiene issues etc) then BUPA and Medicare may not cover any of your costs.  If this is the case, there is no need to see your GP and you can contact a Plastic Surgeon for an appointment directly.
If you do have a legitimate claim for cover by Medicare and BUPA, then you need to have a GP referral to access any applicable rebates. You would therefore need to see a GP first.
I hope this answers your questions.
Mark Hanikeri

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This