Please help

Q & A’sPlease help
AvatarAnonymous asked 6 years ago

im quite shy about asking this question and I hope my description is clear so here goes! I’m 25 years old I have three children my youngest being 2 almost 3. I have been left with lumpy painful deflated breasts and nipples that fold under my bra and split or some days they invert and I’m wondering how I can fix this problem and if I was to get a breast augmentation would Medicare cover it

2 Answers
Dr Patrick BriggsDr Patrick Briggs Contributor answered 6 years ago

The only way that Medicare will consider an item number is if you have a child between the ages of 1 and 7 years, and this is only for a breast lift.  Breast augmentation purely for cosmetic reasons is not covered by Medicare.
The nipple problem is due to lack of tissue and this can be resolved by a breast augmentation.
Dr Patrick Briggs

Dr Patrick Briggs

Dr Patrick Briggs is an internationally trained Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon based in Perth, Western Australia.

Dr Mark HanikeriDr Mark Hanikeri Contributor answered 6 years ago

Thanks for the question
Medicare and Private insurance will pay a small proportion of the overall cost of a breast lift as you have children between 1 and 5, provided your nipple is below the bottom of your breasts AND you have problematic symptoms related to this.  The inverted nipples will also be partly covered for surgery but there is no cover for breast augmentation unless you have significant asymmetry where one side is partly covered.
Best of luck.
Mark Hanikeri

Dr Mark Hanikeri

After completing his training in Reconstructive and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Perth and Brisbane, Mark undertook further training in the United Kingdom in facial reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. Mark has continued to develop his interest in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and breast and has attended numerous courses and conferences.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This