There are several reasons why our skin dries out and ages including some that fast track the process such as a hangover or too-little sleep. Looking after our skin is the single most important thing we can do to ensure we age gracefully and Dr Jack Zoumaras and his team at Artiste Plastic Surgery in Sydney are renowned for being some of the best when it comes to looking after our skin and helping it to look it’s best, so we chatted to them about our options when it comes to recover, detox and rejuvenate our skin.
What dries out our skin?
Some of the biggest culprits when it comes to drying out our skin are:
- Dehydration – not drinking enough water is the biggest cause of dry skin. You’ll hear any model or celeb saying the most important thing they do is it drink enough water.
- Not eating the right foods – your skin cells are wrapped in a protective layer of fats that help them to stay plump, soft and healthy. Eating the right amount of fatty acids will go a long way to maintaining healthy looking skin. What foods, you might ask? Anything with Omega 3 (oily fish such as salmon and sardines), tofu, walnuts, orange juice.
- Air conditioning and heating – unfortunately, many of us work in offices or have our homes cooled in summer and heated in winter. This takes its toll on our skin.
- Using the right skincare – moisturising is essential, but so is cleansing and exfoliating. Whether you wear a lot of makeup or not, you should always do the three things above. While we’re on it, don’t use harsh soaps, deodorants or detergents – all these will contribute to doing more harm than good, no matter how expensive your skincare is.
- Not getting enough sleep – it may not be easy, especially if you have kids or a busy lifestyle, however getting 8 hours of sleep (most nights!) will go a long way to helping you look your best as you age.
What is the solution to dry, tired looking skin?
So, what if you’re just looking for something to counteract being a busy mum with no time to yourself, a huge hangover or jetlag? Or all of the above! Regardless of why you feel like your skin is looking less than exuberant or tired, there are solutions! Maria from Artiste says, “You can eliminate the signs of ageing and get rid of dry, sagging skin with a variety of cosmetic procedures such as plastic surgery with a facelift and neck lift. However non-surgical options such as RF Micro-needling, LED Light therapy, or a chemical peel, to name just a few, can instantly eliminate fine lines, wrinkles and age spots for a more youthful and refreshed look. We can also provide you with a skin rejuvenation treatment to deal with dry skin and blotchy patches. We can help hide the signs of aging and stress that make you look chronically tired. We take the time to assess your situation and needs thoroughly in order to provide the best possible natural results.”
Recover, Detox and Rejuvenate
If you haven’t discovered Artiste’s Skin Rejuvenation Packages yet, we suggest you do! They are definitely a fast track back to healthy, glowing skin and you can pay weekly, monthly or upfront for a program that suits your budget. However, if you are just looking for a one-off treatment they also suggest several of their treatments may help. “We offer our patients a selection of the latest non-surgical treatments to help recover, detox and rejuvenate their skin. These include anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, chemical peels, dermabrasion treatments, skin tightening and fat-dissolving treatments and more.”
So, if you’re feeling tired, dull and need a lift, for whatever reason, there is a treatment to suit you! If you’d like to make an appointment with Artiste Medispa, or Dr Jack Zoumaras, click here, or to read more about Artiste and Dr Zoumaras check out the blogs below.