Obesity is a huge health issue among Australians – Aussies are among the fattest people in the world with around 30% of the population considered to be obese. This is very alarming and there are massive health risks associated with obesity. It is estimated that the total cost associated with treating obesity related illness in Australia including lost productivity, carers and health costs could be as much as $60 billion per annum. These illnesses include:
- Coronary heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Abnormal blood fats
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
- Reproductive problems
There are physical and psychological reasons why one may want to lose weight. It can affect every part of life from relationships, employment and professional ability, to the motivation to be social, maintain friendships and connect with society… the list goes on.
Fulfilled Resolutions – Halfway There
So, let’s say you’ve put in the hard work and lost weight. It might have taken years, but you’ve finally done it. You might even have had assistance with weight loss (Bariatric) surgery such as a laparoscopic band or Gastric sleeve. The next thing often left to tackle is the dreaded excess skin and condition of of the body after losing weight. After massive weight loss “body contouring” may be required to remove excess sagging skin on arms, buttocks, back, thighs, face and neck, and to tighten the abdomen and lift the breasts. Dr Hanikeri performs a wide range of surgeries to assist massive weight loss patients to regain a sense of pride in their bodies. Some of the more common procedures are:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) – this procedure removes the excess skin and fat in middle and lower abdomen as well as tightening the muscles, making it firm and slim.
- Brachioplasty (arm lift) – reduces sagging skin that droops downward and it tightens the underlying supportive tissue.
- Belt lipectomy, circumferential lipoplasty (total body lift) – removes excess tissue from the abdominal area and back, tightens abdominal muscles and lifts the thighs and buttocks.
- Mastopexy (breast lift) – improves the appearance and shape of sagging and drooping breasts. This can also be combined with implants in some cases to improve the size and shape of the breasts. In some cases, breast reduction may be necessary.
- Thighplasty (thigh lift) – Removes extra skin and fat from the thigh improving the contour of the thigh and buttocks area.
Dr Hanikeri is a Perth-based plastic and aesthetic surgeon who has his patient’s best interests at heart and his results speak for themselves.
If you’d like to arrange a consult with Dr Hanikeri contact his office on 08 9380 0311.
You might also want to check out more on Dr Hanikeri including some real stories from his patients, see the links below:
Katie’s Trifecta – My tummy tuck, thigh lift & lipo surgery with Dr Mark Hanikeri
Jo’s Story – circumferential body lift, brachioplasty, thigh lift, abdominoplasty and liposuction
Dr Mark Hanikeri – The Creative Artistic Plastic Surgeon
Mummy Makeover Muscle Repair – Vanessa’s Story