Start Your Patient Journey with Plastic Surgery Hub
Where do I start my journey?
There are so many options available when it comes to aesthetic enhancement and surgery that it can be confusing trying to decide which treatment or procedure is right for you.
The first step is to identify what result you wish to achieve and then look into the treatment or procedures that will give you that end result.
So you should start researching and looking at the surgical and non-surgical aesthetic options out there and get informed.
Real People, Real Stories
Once you’ve made your choice about what treatment or procedure you want, if you haven’t already, you should be doing some research and finding real life examples in the form of real patient stories or before and after pics.
This will not only confirm that you have chosen the right thing for you, but will help your practitioner or surgeon to know exactly what it is you are hoping to achieve. This may lead to the next step of finding your plastic surgeon.
Find your Plastic Surgeon – one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
- What are the different types of Doctors and Surgeons?
Is the surgeon you are considering appropriately qualified to perform your surgery?
- Always Consult with at least one Plastic Surgeon
- Independent research is important – don’t just automatically believe everything you read and consult different sources.
- Do you really want to be awake during surgery?
Twilight Sedation VS General Anaesthetic – what is right for you and your procedure?
- Where do you want to be operated on?
You should also be confident your surgeon is performing the procedure in a properly equipped and accredited hospital where there are backup plans and contingencies for emergencies. In rooms, A Day surgery centre or Private Hospital?
Book your consultations and set your date
Consult with at least two or more different plastic surgeons. This will not only enable you to compare prices, but it will allow you to choose which surgeon you feel more comfortable with, and give you a better idea of which surgeon will be able to give you the results you are after. Check out our directory of qualified, well-respected Australian Plastic Surgeons.
Choosing Your Surgery Date
- What is the “Cooling Off” Period?
Take your time to choose the right surgeon – the mandatory “cooling off” period.
You might need to work in with your surgeon and the dates they are available – some surgeons are booked out months in advance. However, the date has to be right for you.
Setting your date is a HUGE step! You are finally ready to commit to your procedure. You need to make sure you have enough time to ensure you have enough time to prepare:
- Will you have enough time to have your finances in order?
- Do you have enough time to reach your goal weight and optimum health (recovery is so much easier and quicker if you are in good health – especially if you plan on quitting smoking and give your body enough time to get in shape)?
- Can you organise enough time off work and your personal support system, ie. someone to help look after the kids (and you) while you’re recovering?
All the little extras – it’s the little things that count. Have you thought of everything?
Lots of Support along your journey is essential. Join our closed facebook group
We have several closed FB group support forums to help you on your way. Talk to others going through exactly the same thing you are, in real time. If you’re interested in joining our closed Facebook group