TOP BREAST SURGEONS IN USA
- Location: University Park, Texas.
- Adams is an international authority on not only breast augmentation but also breast implant research.
- His approach to breast augmentation surgery has significantly enhanced the overall patient experience. It has also inspired other surgeons to adopt similar methods. This is one of the reasons he is in the top 20 plastic surgeons in the US.
He also developed new irrigations for clinical breast implant surgery that make breast enlargements and breast reconstructions safer and greatly minimize exposure to bacteria. In addition, he is currently, doing active research on Capsular Contracture, Implants, advancements in surgical techniques, Breast Implant-Associated ALCL (BIA-ALCL), and Breast Implant Illness (BII).
Furthermore, Dr Adams performs live surgical procedures at annual plastic surgery conferences all over the globe to educate; the community, fellow surgeons, and patients. Dr Adams is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Plastic Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center, in addition to the Director of the Aesthetic Fellowship Program.
He has also published numerous papers, articles, and scholarly textbooks and presented several plastic surgery lectures on the international level. He is on the breast editorial board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and The Aesthetic Surgery Journal, the premier journals of plastic surgery. Dr Adams has recently published a new textbook surgical atlas to further educate surgeons on the process of breast augmentation surgery and recently co-edited the 3rd edition of Dallas Rhinoplasty, with Drs Rod Rohrich, Jack Gunter, and Jamil Ahmad, which serves as one of the classic rhinoplasty texts available.
- Macrotextured Breast Implants with Defined Steps to Minimize Bacterial Contamination around the Device: Experience in 42,000 Implants
- Enhancing Patient Outcomes in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery Using Triple Antibiotic Breast Irrigation: Six-Year Prospective Clinical Study
- Autologous Human Fat Grafting: Effect of Harvesting and Preparation Techniques on Adipocyte Graft Survival
- Surgical Anatomy of the Ligamentous attachments of the Lower Lid and Lateral canthus
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee.
- A board-certified Nashville Plastic surgeon. He is known nationally and internationally for his achievements and advances in breast and aesthetic surgery.
- He is a pioneer of microsurgery and the field of breast reconstruction. In addition, Dr Maxwell invented the textured tissue expander which became the main technique used worldwide for breast reconstruction for the last 20 years.
- He also worked with Allergan where he developed the Natrelle™ Collection of silicone-gel breast implants, including the 410 Matrix of “Form Stable,” “Gummy Bear”‘ or “Tear Drop” breast implants.
- Dr Maxwell also founded the Baptist Hospital Institute for Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Nashville, Tennessee, which The New York Times called “the first and foremost facility of its kind in the United States”.
- Furthermore, he has authored over 100 scientific articles and lectured and performed live surgical demonstrations in over 20 countries around the world.
- He also holds 10 US patents (with 7 more pending) pertaining to medical devices.
- Dr Maxwell has received numerous professional awards—most recently including the U.S. Congressional Recognition of Merit, Clinician of the Year Award by the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, and the Presidential Award from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Still, Dr Maxwell’s priority is safety, personal care, and individualized, superior surgical outcomes for his patients.
- Prepectoral Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: Rationale, Indications, and Preliminary Results
- Style 410 Highly Cohesive Silicone Breast Implant Core Study Results at 3 Years
- Ten-Year Results From the Natrelle 410 Anatomical Form-Stable Silicone Breast Implant Core Study
- The biomechanical and histopathologic effects of surface texturing with silicone and polyurethane in tissue implantation and expansion.
- Location: New York, New York.
- Hidalgo is dual-certified by the American Board of Surgery (general surgery) and the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Dr Hidalgo began his practice at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) as a reconstructive microsurgeon. He reconstructed the most challenging facial, breast and body defects. This often requires complex microsurgical tissue transplantation techniques. He developed an innovative procedure for jaw reconstruction in cancer patients while there. This involved transferring the fibula bone from the leg to the face after shaping it into an exact replica of the jaw segment removed. The bone circulation was restored in the neck with microsurgical techniques. This seminal work was reported in five key publications that brought Dr Hidalgo international acclaim.
His method of jaw reconstruction became, and has remained, the standard of care around the world. He started a fellowship training program at Memorial and became the Chief of the Plastic and Reconstructive Service there. He served in that capacity for eight years before leaving to begin a private practice in aesthetic surgery in 2001.
Today, Dr Hidalgo sees patients and operates within his Park Avenue facility that is affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College (New York-Presbyterian Hospital). He holds the academic title of Clinical Professor of Surgery at that institution.
Dr Hidalgo has written over 100 scientific papers and is unique among his peers in making significant contributions to both reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery. His landmark paper on jaw reconstruction ranked 6/25 of the most cited papers in plastic surgery over the past 50 years. His more recent randomized control study on tear-drop shaped versus round breast implants provided key data supporting the removal of shaped implants from the market.
- Intraoperative Comparison of Anatomical versus Round Implants in Breast Augmentation: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Fibula free flap: a new method of mandible reconstruction.
- Reconstruction of the mandible with osseous free flaps: a 10-year experience with 150 consecutive patients.
- Free-Flap Mandibular Reconstruction: A 10-Year Follow-Up Study
- Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Dennis Hammond, a board-certified plastic surgeon, born and raised in Saginaw, Michigan.
- Based on this experience, Dr Hammond has himself now gone on to become one of the world’s most recognized and respected authorities in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast.
- He has co-edited one of the most influential textbooks in plastic surgery.
- In addition, he has authored numerous book chapters concerning a host of breast-related topics.
- Furthermore, he has written his own single-author textbook, “Atlas of Aesthetic Breast Surgery” first published in 2009.
- Dr Hammond has authored many scientific papers and currently serves as an associate editor for “Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery,” the main scientific journal for plastic surgeons around the world.
- He has also performed live surgery as part of surgical demonstrations at various meetings all over the world including at the prestigious Baker-Gordon Aesthetic Surgery Symposium and multiple times at the Atlanta Breast Symposium.
Dr Hammonds achievements
Clinically Dr Hammond is active in nearly every aspect of aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, for example, he has;
- Developed and marketed his own tissue expander for breast reconstruction
- Developed the internationally utilized BodyLogic evaluation system used for implant sizing in breast augmentation
- Participated in nearly every known breast implant study since 1990
- Served as the medical director for the Contour Profile Gel (CPG) anatomically shaped cohesive gel breast implant (gummy bear implant) study marketed by the Mentor Corporation, a subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson
- However, perhaps the most notable achievement thus far has been Dr Hammond’s development of the SPAIR Mammaplasty. This procedure directly designed and developed by Dr Hammond accomplishes the reduction of an overly large breast with half the scarring normally associated with breast reduction. Yet it provides outstanding cosmetic results, not only for breast reduction but for breast lifting as well.
Currently, Dr Hammond’s practice focuses on all aspects of both aesthetic as well as reconstructive breast surgery. He has also developed a particular interest in revisionary breast surgery treating complications from previous procedures. Dr Hammond offers other types of body contouring procedures including; abdominoplasty, liposuction, and various types of body reshaping after weight loss.
No matter what the condition, Dr Hammond is intensely committed to providing Michigan residents with the best plastic surgery results that can be achieved in the safest manner possible.
- Mentor Contour Profile Gel Implants
- Managing Late Periprosthetic Fluid Collections (Seroma) in Patients with Breast Implants: A Consensus Panel Recommendation and Review of the Literature
- Treatment of Breast Animation Deformity in Implant-Based Reconstruction with Pocket Change to the Subcutaneous Position
- Location: Santa Monica, California.
- Steven Teitelbaum is an Associate Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at the UCLA School of Medicine, President of the California Society of Plastic Surgeons, and has been in private practice in Santa Monica since 1995.
- He specializes exclusively in aesthetic plastic surgery.
- Dr Teitelbaum is recognized as a singularly accomplished plastic surgeon, in fact, he is recognised as one of the best breast augmentation surgeons in the United States.
- He has board certification in both general and plastic surgery.
- In addition, he has authored many scholarly articles and textbook chapters on aesthetic surgery procedures, including the most advanced breast revision surgical techniques.
- His uncompromising level of care and his personal dedication to his patients, including ensuring they can contact him directly – rather than going through levels of employees, has made him a favourite of women from every walk of life.
- Moreover, Dr Teitelbaum has perfected the 24-hour recovery breast augmentation – a stunning advancement in aesthetic surgery. This allows most patients to return to normal activities within days, driving in two days, and back to work in four all with minimal pain.
- Dr Teitelbaum has a singularly beautiful surgery centre in Santa Monica, with every detail chosen to enhance the patient experience.
- Can Outpatient Plastic Surgery Be Done Safely During a COVID-19 Surge? Results of a July 2020 Los Angeles Survey and Literature Review
- Why Do We Need Anatomical Implants? the Science and Rationale for Maintaining Their Availability and Use in Breast Surgery
- Report on Mortality from Gluteal Fat Grafting: Recommendations from the ASERF Task Force
ADD ONE MORE BREAST SURGEON
Dr Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Famous for rapid recovery breast augmentation
- Location: Beverly Hills, California.
- He is a world-renowned expert-level plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- He has made a name in the ultra-competitive Los Angeles area among celebrities as a “go-to” plastic surgeon for everything ranging from cheek fillers and Botox to advanced rhinoplasty, Flash Recovery Breast Augmentation, and the S-Curve Butt Lift.
- Dr Ghavami believes that natural and long-lasting results can only be achieved through true surgical expertise and a dedicated life-long passion for both learning and teaching the art of aesthetic surgery.
Dr Ghavami is serving as Assistant Clinical Professor at the David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine. His dedication to the advancement of cosmetic plastic surgery is clearly evident through numerous scientific articles and textbook chapters. His active research in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery has earned awards from such prestigious organizations as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Furthermore, Dr Ghavami serves on the Editorial Board for The Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal, as a guest reviewer for the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, The Aesthetic Surgery Journal, and is on the editorial board for Modern Aesthetics.
- The Role of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers (Restylane) in Facial Cosmetic Surgery: Review and Technical Considerations
- Lift-and-Fill Face Lift
- Evidence-Based Medicine: Current Practices in Rhinoplasty
- The Anatomy of the Corrugator Supercilii Muscle: Part II. Supraorbital Nerve Branching Patterns